2 cups sifted self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp margarine
3/4 cup milk
1. Mix the flour and salt together.
2. Add the margarine and milk.
3. Put the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
4. Pat dough flat and cut into 6 rounds...I actually used a butterfly shaped cutter - who says scones have to be round?
5. Place the scones on your prepared baking tray and sprinkle with a little flour. Bake in the oven at 240°C until golden brown. Mine took around 20 minutes.
6. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Enjoy with cream and jam! Or try chocolate philly on them, like I did...
I think next time I will adapt this recipe to make some savoury cheese scones. I LOVE cheese scones!