Trinket Box

Thursday 26 May 2011

Tin Lanterns

Every Tuesday Gem does a Tuesday Tip! Last week I came across this, which I thought was such a great idea, so I tried it out myself!

All you need is a tin [cleaned out], a nail and a hammer! Oh and some water and a freezer...


Fill the tin with water and put it in the freezer for a few hours.

This is when you draw on your design with a pen...only I was too eager and didn't, so just went for it! Using your nail and hammer, punch holes along your design.


Leave to thaw, then put a tealight in it!


3 comments:

  1. Nice, would be fun to do if you have a garden party or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love gem's tips and this looks brilliant! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! I'm gonna try this next time I have an empty tin, recycling box has just been emptied! They would be great for summer evenings in the garden x

    ReplyDelete