I got tagged by the lovely Maria to let you know 7 things you didn't know about me. Tricky, but I will try!
1. My Mum started sending me to dance classes when I was 2 and a half years old. I was forever falling over when I was little [due to bad problems with my ears] so she hoped this would help my co-ordination. Not only did it help, but I grew to love it. I stayed at my dance school until I was 19, and would still be going if I could!
2. I've performed in the West End - I did a Charity show with my old dance school a few years ago, and performed at Theatre Royal Drury Lane. I loved it.
3. I love love love Musicals. Probably a bit obsessed, actually! Amongst my favourites are Phantom of The Opera, Les Misérables [the first solo I sang aged 11 was Castle On A Cloud], Stomp & Wicked. My Mum and I are talking about maybe going to see Les Mis in a few weeks time. I've only seen it once, when I was 14, and these American twins sat infront of me ruined it a little for me! I don't understand people who go to see a musical and talk all the way through.
4. My Mum originally wanted to call me Dulcie, but my Dad didn't like the name. Although he now says he quite likes it and would have liked to call me Dolly as a nickname! So yes, I'm glad they settled for Sophie instead.
5. I have my tragus pierced, and would love to get more ear piercings, however work has always got in the way of this. I also think that I might have enough, as I have my each of my ear lobes pierced 3 times too. I don't want to be totally loaded with piercings! I did have my belly button pierced when I was 17, but I took it out. I don't particularly like belly button piercings now anyway!
6. I really want to go to Australia, but the flight puts me off a bit. The longest flight I've been on is to New York, and that wasn't too bad, but being on a plan for 24 hours doesn't sound very appealing to me. But I have family in Melbourne, and I'm sure they would be happy for me to stay with them if I ever did decide to visit.
7. I have expensive taste. Or that's what my Mum and boyfriend say! I think it's true though. I'll always end up liking something with the highest price tag. I don't do it on purpose, it's just the way it goes with me! I should probably try to be a bit more thrifty.