Trinket Box

Saturday 18 January 2014

Review - Choc Chick Raw Chocolate Making Kit

 photo IMG_4027.jpg

A few months ago, I posted about my love of raw chocolate and its nutritional benefits. Soon after, I stumbled across this raw chocolate making kit. It went straight onto my wishlist and my lovely boyfriend got me it for Christmas!

 photo IMG_4041.jpg

Included in the kit is 200g cacao butter, 200g cacao powder, 300ml Sweet Freedom low GL natural sweetener, some little paper cases and a little recipe booklet.

The booklet gives you a few recipes to try, from healthy truffles to naughty chocolate cocktails! I'll definitely be experimenting more in the future, but for now I just made some simple little chocolates.

The process is very simple. You melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat. Then add some cacao powder and the sweetner. You can also add in essences, such as peppermint - I stirred in a few drops of vanilla. Mix well with a whisk. Be sure to taste the mixture and add more sweetner for a sweeter taste or a little more cacao powder for a darker taste. Spoon the mixture into the cases/moulds and place in the freezer for around 20 minutes to set.

 photo IMG_4079.jpg
 photo IMG_4083.jpg

These are SO good, and only 32 cals per 5g chocolate! I love the texture of them - so smooth and creamy - and they really hit the sweet craving spot. :) I can't wait to buy some more supplies and do some more cooking with raw chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I would love to give it a go. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this looks awesome, Sophie! I'm not really allowed chocolate aside from the 70% cocoa stuff, so I guess this could be a good option for me to look into. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to have a go at this in the future. Love raw choccy!

    ReplyDelete