Trinket Box

Saturday 24 August 2013

Healthy Snacking - Date Balls

 photo 33d39a77-664f-495a-a112-1225d083238d.jpg

These date balls are great for if you're on a health kick but fancy something sweet. If you're not a fan of dates and are thinking 'dates? Yuck!' (I did too), I assure you that you cannot taste them in these little balls of goodness! I had been wanting to make them for a while, after seeing them on Pinterest, Instagram etc. I used this recipe which I saw via Fiona's blog.

Ingredients
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp cocoa powder
100g walnuts
250g soft pitted dates
Small paper cases (or a tray lined with baking parchment, like I used)

Method
It's simple. Measure up all your ingredients, throw into a food processor and whizz it all up until it sticks together. If you find your mixture isn't sticking well, add a dash of milk. Roll into small balls and pop into cases/onto your tray. Put the balls into the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating.

 photo e48d3a7d-1519-43cd-86d6-5d56df523d02.jpg

I would describe the taste/texture of these as a 'fudgey brownie'...seriously good.

5 comments:

  1. These sound lovely! I'm a big fan of dates so I am definitel giving these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go these look gorgeous. I'm planning on losing as much weight as possible before I go to New York just so that I then have a week to put it all back on :D Might have to try these in the lead up to it


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo these look so yummy, I'm always on the look out for healthy sweet snacks! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my these look lovely! I will definitely be trying them out ASAP!
    I cannot believe i had never found your blog until now!! Cannot wait to see more posts and hopefully some more healthy recipes! ;)

    xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete