Trinket Box

Saturday 27 October 2012

Nails - Frills

I wasn't too sure what to call this - but it looks like frills, so I settled with that. I went a bit pin crazy the other day and pinned a load of nail art inspiration. This being one of them. I'd not seen anything like it, so thought I'd try it out!

IMG_2952
IMG_2950
IMG_2953

It took me forever to do this - an episode of Vampire Diaries and two episodes of Heroes, to be precise. I was originally just going to do an accent nail, but decided 'sod it', and did the rest of 'em too! So pretty [well I think so!].

All I did was paint my nails white as the base. Then I did a strip of nail polish at the bottom, by the cuticle. I then used a dotting tool to 'dot' the lines across. I waited a little while between colours, which is why this took so long! I used Models Own Utopia, Black Magic & Mystique Mauve, essie bikini so teeny and barry m lilac foil.

How have you been spending your Saturday? I took Ben out for lunch at Nando's - I know, I know, such a romantic - probably shouldn't mention the fact he gave me his loyalty card so I could use his free whole chicken on my veggie stuff :)

Also, I've recently hit 500 followers [thank you!] so am thinking of doing a little giveaway! How about it? What sort of stuff should I get together for it?

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks so cool, it's been far too long since I've sat down and done some really bangin' nail art. I think for give aways things that you really love are good prizes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks fab! I think my hands are too shaky and I wouldn't have the patience for more than an accent nail though.. it looks like a crazy knitting pattern :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great!

    http://that-is-my-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so in love with your weekend nail art :)
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! this is soooo impressive!!! love it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I absolutely love this design so much! I would never have the patience to create something as pretty as this! Huge congrats on the followers lovely, very well deserved! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to do this :')
    Thanks for the comment by the way. If you're between a 5 and 6 I'd say a 6 would be just right for you in the loafers because they run very slightly small in my opinion. For example I usually have to buy a 3 but ideally my size would be 2 and a half, and the 3 fits me perfectly :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing, no wonder they took ages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your nails are so pretty! I love both the design and colours :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your nails are absolutely lovely!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc essie! it's worldwide too, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so good! I absolutely love your blog - I'm now following you and I'd love it if you could follow me back? Felicity x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these look great, love the colours you used :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love these! :) You have so much more patience than me.. think I'd have given up after the first nail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these nails! Spent most of the evening last night reading through all your other posts after coming across your blog. Love the diys! Your dip dye stuff looks so good! x

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete