Trinket Box

Friday 16 March 2012

DIY leather bow cuff

I stumbled across this DIY on Pinterest [follow me here if you wish] - I thought it was really cute and decided to make use of a fake leather bag I no longer used.

Photobucket

You will need
A piece of leather
Scissors
Snap button/stick-on velcro
Needle & thread

1. Cut an oval shape from your piece of leather, ensuring it fits around your wrist - make sure you make it bigger, as you will need that extra material when making the bow.

Photobucket

2. Scrunch the material in the middle to make the bow. Tie a piece of material around to secure the bow. You may want to use a piece of leather you have left - I just used another piece of material from the bag I had cut up. Sew to secure if neccessary.

Photobucket

3. Sew your snap button, one part of it at one end and the other at the other side. I cheated a little, and used stick-on velcro, which does the job just as well!

Photobucket

And you're done! I fancied jazzing it up a bit, so put a few gold studs on.

illustrationillustration

9 comments:

  1. very cute. I love the studs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea you clever little bean. Something so simple looks aaamaaazing!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I saw your pictures on Instagram hehe

    - Olivia xx
    http://that-is-my-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute DIY! Original too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is such a great DIY! Definitely impressed.

    ReplyDelete