Trinket Box

Thursday 9 June 2011

Vanilla Whoopie Pies...with Nutella filling.

My first attempt at whoopie pies!


Okay, so I know they're not perfect in shape, but they still tasted good! And that's what really matters...right?

You will need...

125g butter
225g sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder



The Method

Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 3. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.

Melt the butter in a bowl set over a pan of hot water.

Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl then add the melted butter.

Sift in the flour and baking powder together and mix it all together.

Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.

Remove from the oven and set onto some cooling racks. Once cool, sandwich the soft cookies together. I used nutella for my filling, but you could use buttercream, marshmallow fluff...anything you like, really!


These were easy peasy...I think next time I make whoopie pies I'll go for a slightly more complicated recipe! I quite like the look of this book - which reminds me, I purchased this the other day - can't wait to use it!

3 comments:

  1. Aslong as they taste yummy, who cares what they look like. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious! Post some to me? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh myyy, I had a disaster last time i tried to make whoopie pies, but this has persuaded me to give them another go when I'm home. YUM x

    ReplyDelete