Trinket Box

Monday 9 January 2012

Making cupcakes.

I made some cupcakes using the cupcake maker my boyfriend got me for Christmas! I am IN LOVE with this little gadget.

Photobucket

It's so easy to use, just switch it on and wait for it to heat up, then fill the little cups with batter, close and cook for 8-12 minutes.

I used a basic recipe found in the booklet which came with the cupcake maker. For my first batch I used some cupcake cases, but for the second and third batch I went without.

Photobucket
The cupcakes may look a little very anaemic, but they are definitely cooked, and the colour won't matter once they're iced! :)

I made up some duck egg blue butter icing and used my new piping bag and nozzles which I also received for Christmas. As you can see, I need a bit of practise, but some came out ok...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've had a quick nibble already, they're really good! Off to enjoy one with a cuppa :)

7 comments:

  1. hehe what a nifty gadget! I love the colour of the icing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I have the culinary skill of a hedgehog, so this cupcake maker would be perfect for me ;-). xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these look YUM! I got a cupcake maker for my birthday, they are so tiny and cute cupcakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG they look so nice! I saw that set in loads of shops but I didn't buy it! I have an icing set with all different nozzles and stuff but I haven't had the chance to use them yet :'(

    I'VE BEEN LONGLISTED FOR A MARIE CLAIRE FASHION BLOG AWARD! PLEASE VOTE FOR ME (THATISMYSTYLE-STYLEGURU.BLOGSPOT.COM) http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/fashionlonglist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... I would eat them ;)
    they look lovely
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look incredible! I don't have a decent oven so this would be so perfect for me! xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete